Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Program Atmel SAMA5D3 XPLAINED with fresh linux


Got an Atmel SAMA5D3 XPLAINED board, it started and ran Yokto/Poky no problem.  Wanted to figure out how to re-install the Yocto/Poky if I messed things up before I got playing too much.  I found the demo archive for this board at http://www.at91.com/linux4sam/bin/view/Linux4SAM/GettingStarted with instructions found here.  I downloaded and unzipped the folder using Ubuntu 14.04.  In the folder there are a bunch of .sh script files, along with other things.  The one to use to recreate what was shipped is demo_linux_nandflash.sh.  Before running the script remove jumper JP5, reset using button BP2 and wait for it to boot, then replace jumper JP5 and run the script.

For this to work you need SAM BA installed as described in a previous post.  I found that with ubuntu I need more permissions so I added sudo and added the full path to first line in the script as follows:
sudo /opt/sam-ba_cdc_cdc_linux/sam-ba /dev/ttyACM0 at91sama5d3x-ek demo_linux_nandflash.tcl > logfile.log 2>&1
The script then ran without issues (it did take several minutes to complete).  One thing to note is that the serial port can change at may end up being something other than 0.  If so just modify ttyACM0 in the above script line accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment